Nuffnang

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Kaiser Long Term Health Care VS PhilCare

Hi,

I am a member of IMG (International Marketing Group) for almost 4 years now but I am not an active member. I am a passive investor only. Through IMG I was able to invest in FAMI. Before I joined IMG they have a health care offered which is KAISER long term health care for every member to get and it is a requirement way back 2013-2014 but right now they are not requiring it anymore for anyone that who wanted to join IMG.

IMG (International Marketing Group) gives solution to people, in their financial needs by giving them info on how to grow their wealth. The company, basically, teaches an individual to be their own money manager. IMG gives training sessions / financial classes to people who would want to learn more on the field of personal finance.

IMG has a business side and though it is very nice, I don't really wanted to engage in the business side so I decided to be a passive investor only. But right now I go back to IMG and purchase again the KAISER Long Term healthcare that they are offering. My monthly premium is PHP 2647 with a yearly premium of PHP 31764, so big right? And my confusion now is why is that the annual benefit is only PHP 50,000, PHP 600 Room and Board, Pre Existing is not covered, Maternity is not covered and Out Patient Annual Physical Exam Only. I am paying this health care for a very big price a year with only 50k coverage :(

When I am browsing the Internet I was able to found PhilCare and what is nice on their health cards is they have a ER Vantage Plus 80 for Adults that gives a yearly coverage of P80,000 for emergency room care and hospitalization expense, inclusive of the following: - Doctors’ fees - Laboratory and diagnostic procedures - Room and board (regular private room) - Medicines (except vaccines) as medically necessary during confinement except for cases declared as non-coverable*** - Special modalities of treatment which are medically necessary during ER and confinement and subject to standard inner limits - Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as medically necessary during ER and confinement. This health card is PHP 1750 only. Can you see now the difference? The price for this two HMO's has a really huge difference. Imagined that for a year you only pay P1750 versus the P31764 per year? The difference is P30014. Plus the coverage has a huge difference also of 30k. Oh my gosh!!! I am really disappointed about my reckless decision on purchasing this long term health care again :( I already paid 5 months on this health care, so it was about PHP13735. So stupid of me of wasting this money. I will be more careful now in purchasing any health care. I will stop my payment for KAISER next month and will purchase PhilCare next year January 2018 for a 1 year coverage. I will also purchase for my mother.

This is a lesson learned again for me. When it comes to finances I would be really more and more careful now.

Till next time.


4 comments:

  1. i have a gha policy from axa for 37k a year with a $100M coverage, P100k deductible (meaning, i have to shell out for the first 100k). you might want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your suggestion but I do have an axa basics policy already, i don't need anymore beyond my policy right now. God Bless

      Delete
  2. axa life basix is totally different from gha. global health access. it's not even a health insurance but an hmo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah ok, I will choose PhilCare as an HMO for now.

      Delete