Nuffnang

Friday, July 28, 2017

Robinsons Place Iligan Opening + My Financial Situation

Hi,



Robinsons Place Iligan has their opening last July 26, 2017 in Iligan City, yup my city. I've been living in Iligan City since 1997 so I've been living in this city for almost 20 years already. My mom and I left my father's hometown in Samar, Leyte when my father died because my mom wanted to live near her relatives. I graduated my primary until tertiary in this city, I did not experienced living outside this city even though I am travelling to some places I like but this city is the city I can call my home.

Iligan City has only 2 big malls for now, we have Gaisano Mall City Iligan and now Robinsons Place Iligan. Our city is not that big when in comes to land area but I am proud to be an Iliganon. We are two hours away from Cagayan de Oro City which is more progressive than our city but if I were to choose to live in these cities I still choose my city. Because of the war situation now in Marawi City our security situation has been threatened. It's only been an hour or so that our city is from Marawi. During the war our city accepted refugees from the war and the residents of Iligan adjusted to our new residents. Our city is composed of 50-80% Christians (not really sure about the percentage) and 20% Muslims. Even though the city is not a 100% Christians residents there was never a discrimination from the two groups and we treat each other fairly despite the differences.

The Robinsons Place Iligan is only a few kilometers away from our home, we only ride a tricycle and a few hiking to go to this mall. This mall is much bigger than Gaisano Mall so most of the people now are visiting Robinsons. During the opening the opening guest artist is Daniel Matsunaga, sadly I was very far from him so I was not able to see his face clearly :( Me and my family visited the mall on its opening, we only took few pictures inside the mall.

My mother and lola.

Me at Daiso Japan. I really love Daiso Japan, when I go to Cagayan de Oro City I always go to this store.

Me, mom and lola.

Lola, My Cousin and his son, Mom.

Robinsons Place Iligan is a one stop shop of all the things you need, they have there Supermarket, Department Store, Movie World, Restos inside. When you think of it this mall is really a temptation for unnecessary spending, hehe. There prices of goods is also high compared to other small stores in the city. Right now I am planning not to spend so much time in going to this mall. I should resist the temptation to always go to this mall because actually when you are inside you will really be tempted to buy anything that is inside. 

My current financial situation right now is quite bad, I am two months deficit on my budget. My travel to Bohol last month was not even planned and I was not able to save in advance on that trip. For next month August I wanted to see to it that I will save for a travel fund. The worst part of my situation now is I have 0 emergency fund :( I still have my VUL paid automatically monthly, my long term healthcare which is KAISER, and my FAMI Equity Fund. My income monthly mostly goes to this, my breakdown is below:

VUL(AXA) - PHP 1522 (to be paid 10 years)
KAISER - PHP 2647 (to be paid for 7 years, right now I am paying it for 5 months already)
FAMI Equity Fund - PHP 2-5K per month

Do you think this is a wise decision for my finances? I am finding it hard to saved for my emergency fund because every time I saved 3 or 2k for my emergency fund I always touch it. I am putting my emergency fund in a cooperative instead in a bank or atm. So when I touch it, my emergency fund goes to zero again. Do you have any suggestions for me? I really need a help on this. And I noticed that we have a huge expenses on food. I gave my mom 7k per month for our food expenses and I noticed it was not enough for the 3 of us. I have a debt of PHP 2100 right now and will pay it next month. I don't really like to have a debt. I don't have a credit card and I am not planning to have. I have only one atm card where my payroll goes every month. Do you think I should open another bank account for my savings? I apologized I have so many questions on this post. My mind is really not in a good mood because of this financial problem I am having. I am hoping I can still go back on track next month. For unnecessary expenses, I don't always go out because I am working at home, during my pay day I treat my mother and lola twice a month only. I don't also buy new clothes every month, or make up because I don't wear make up, I only wear a powder and a lipstick every time I go out. I don't wear make up because I have an acne prone skin and I am sensitive to products that I don't normally use. I only spend on a facial cleanser, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and other needs for myself. I  have my tracking spreadsheet where I tally my everyday expenses but in the long run it was not effective, I get bored after a few months of doing it, I tried the envelope system and it did not work also. Right now I am doing my budget system on a notebook but I don't tally my expenses.

Hoping that next month I can still go back on track on my finances. Thank you for reading this post, if you have any suggestions on my questions feel free to comment. I really do love to see any comment on my post :)

Till next time.

Cheers,


No comments:

Post a Comment