Nuffnang

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What is Frugality?

Hi,

If we search online especially on Google there are a lot of meaning of Frugality. This is my main subject of my blog name because I really want to become one. For the past 3 years of working and having my own money to spend those I like and get the things I want, frugality was not on my mind after all. It is not on my vocabulary for short. I just spend and spend and was last year been addicted to online shopping, so all my money was being spent online buying clothes, gadgets, etc that are just "wants" not "needs". I realize this year that all of it are just "wants" , yes unfortunately I didn't even saved a single centavo of my salary. This is very sad but now I realize it should be stop.

Once you're addicted to online shopping you can't get out of it easily but with my great determination to quit this addiction, I really did quit!Yes, it's not easy but if you are determined to do so, then nothing is impossible. IMG - Wealth Academy was a big part of it and the major reason why I successfully quit was because my mother was hospitalized last August 2012 and was diagnose to have a diabetes.

Right there and then I slowly started walking to frugality. I don't spend anymore to those things that are only wants not needs. Before I buy something, I think twice or third if that is a want or a need. I started saving from my salary even a little amount and a big step was I started to invest my money in a mutual fund company which is FAMI. I got myself a health insurance from KAISER for my future medical expenses.

Before frugality was just a word that is not important to me but now it does change already. So I search for it's meaning and what I found when I search for the meaning on Google was:

Frugality is the quality of being frugal, sparing, thrifty, prudent or economical in the use of consumable resources such as food, time or money, and avoiding waste, lavishness or extravagance.

This meaning now has been marked already on my head and heart.

Hope to write more post soon because I am really busy with work and my service to God this past few days.

Cheers,

Jing-Jing

2 comments:

  1. Nice info.. Hope you can continue your writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zoo,

    Thank you :)

    Yes, definitely I will continue my writing. This is one of my hobby today aside from working online and other stuff that I am into.

    God Bless,
    Jing

    ReplyDelete