Nuffnang

Monday, April 1, 2013

7 Days of Prayer and Fasting

Hi,

I have said in my previous post about my 7 Days of Prayer and Fasting but I did not mention about what kind of fasting I did. This is not a common fast that most people do like they Fast on Food, I can't do that because I've been sick last Good Friday and Black Saturday. It is not also getting sick that I did not choose to fast on food but right from the start when I received Bo Sanchez Ebook about 7 Days of Prayer and Fasting, I already decided not to fast on food. SO what did I choose to fast???

I decided to fast on "Facebook", yeah you heard it right!This may sound funny but yep I did fast on Facebook. Facebook has been a part of my work life this past few months and I will honestly say that it is not good anymore. It was a major distraction from my work, I can't focus on my task because I am always checking my FB account if there was any comments on my posts, notifications, etc. and I realize it does impacted my work tremendously, yes you heard it!

For one week, I prayed to God and do some reflections like what was said on Bo Sanchez Ebook. I prayed that this kind of habit must be taken out from my work hours. So today, Monday I did able to work without checking FB from minute to minute or even second to second of my working time. I just check my FB account for few minutes when I opened my computer and close it afterwards when I started working on my tasks today. It was really effective, my fast was effective!!!Thank God! :)

The fasting was a great experience from me for this year's Lenten Season, this was my first time of doing this and it does really feel good . Hope all of you had a very memorable experience also like me :) :)

God Bless,
Jing-Jing

No comments:

Post a Comment